If you have any questions about specific setting and privacy practices, please contact:
Flowers for Dreams Foundation
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
FFDF may collect and receive Hosted Data and Service Data (collectively referred to as "Information") in a variety of ways:
Hosted Data: You may upload Hosted Data to FFDF when using the Services. You control what Hosted Data is submitted to the Services, and may choose not to submit Hosted Data.
Service Data: “Service Data” may include information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device ("Personal Information"). FFDF also collects, generates and/or receives Service Data:
- FFDF may request users of the Sites and Services to provide personal data such as name, email address, phone number, address, payment information, and username and passwords; and business information such as company name and address (other than Hosted Data).
- The Sites and Services may provide you with messaging capabilities for your use. In the event you voluntarily disclose sensitive or personal data using such services, that information, along with any substantive information disclosed in your communication or post, can be collected, correlated and used by specific third parties. Any use of such Information shall be for the limited and legitimate purposes for which FFDF is using such third party’s product or service to provide the Service or Site to you.
- When you interact with the Services and Sites, metadata is generated and gathered automatically that provides additional context about the way you work. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on FFDF’s sites (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data in order to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the Sites. FFDF also collects information about devices accessing the Services and Sites, including type of device, what operating system is used, devise settings, application IDs, unique device identifiers and crash data.
- Whether FFDF collects some or all of this Service Data often depends on the type of device used and your settings.
- We may receive information about you from other sources, such as third parties (lead generation sources) from whom we obtain data, and combine this data with information we already have about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us. Examples of the types of personal information that may be obtained from third parties and combined with information we already have about you, may include contact information such as name, email business address, and phone number.
- FFDF may also receive personal information from social media platforms. Please consult with the third party's website for further information before you link or connect to the FFDF Services and on how to control or adjust your privacy settings on that site. FFDF has no control over such third party websites.
In accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), FFDF discloses that its Sites may have collected the following categories of Personal Information from its Customers within the last 12 months:
- Various identifiers, including name, address, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), including telephone number.
- Biometric information, including behavioral characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information.
- Internet or other similar network activity, including browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a website, application, or advertisement, including protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on FFDF’s sites (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data in order to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the Sites.
Cookies/Tracking Technologies/Passive Collection:
FFDF may disclose your Personal Information to a third party for a business purpose. FFDF may share your personal information with service provides, including software services providers and individuals who perform functions on our behalf. FFDF will not sell your Personal Information to third parties, and has not sold your Personal Information to third parties in the preceding twelve (12) months.
FFDF may disclose the following to third parties:
- FFDF may share Service Data with its corporate affiliates, parents and/or subsidiaries (if any).
- FFDF will release account and other personal data when FFDF believes such release is appropriate to comply with applicable laws; enforce or apply FFDF's Terms of Service; or protect the rights, property or safety of FFDF's customers or others.
- Other than as set out above, FFDF will provide you notice when your Information may be shared with a third party, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share such Information.
Generally, no one is under a statutory or contractual obligation to provide any Information. However, certain Information is collected automatically. Additionally, if certain Information is not provided by you, such as setup details or billing information, FFDF may be unable to provide the Services and/or Sites.
HOW PERSONAL DATA IS USED
FFDF uses the Information that you provide for completion and support of the activity for which the information was provided, such as allowing access to or delivery of FFDF's products or Services or responding to your requests or inquiries, or as otherwise required by applicable law.
FFDF also may use the Information in furtherance of FFDF's legitimate interests in operating FFDF's Sites, Services and business. More specifically, FFDF uses Information:
- for site and system administration such as for the technical support of the Sites and its computer systems, including processing computer account information, information used in the course of securing and maintaining the Sites, and verification of activity on the Sites by FFDF or its agents.
- to conduct research and development to enhance, evaluate, and improve the Sites and Services.
- as required by applicable law, legal process or regulation.
- to develop and provide additional tools and features for the Sites and Services.
- to send emails and other communications. FFDF may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. FFDF may also contact you to inform you about changes in the Sites, Services and important related notices, such as security and fraud notices. In addition, FFDF may sometimes communicate with you about special offers or promotions, new product features or other news about FFDF and its Services. These are marketing messages so you can control whether you receive them.
- to investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse.
FFDF will not collect additional categories of Personal Information or use the Personal Information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
FFDF'S COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
The security and confidentiality of your Information is important to FFDF. FFDF works hard to protect Information you provide from loss, misuse or unauthorized access or disclosure, and follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal data submitted to FFDF, both during transmission and once it is received. FFDF has implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk. Given the nature of communications and information processing technology, FFDF cannot guarantee that Information, during transmission or while stored on FFDF's systems or otherwise in its care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others. It is important that you protect against unauthorized access to your account information and to your computer. If you have any questions about the security of your personal data, you can contact FFDF at info@FlowersforDreamsFoundation.org
In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
Upon request, FFDF will provide you with information regarding whether FFDF holds any of your personal data. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal data by contacting FFDF at privacy@FlowersforDreamsFoundation.com [or a similar address]. FFDF will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENT RIGHTS
California residents have certain rights with respect to the personal information collected by businesses. If you are a California resident, you may exercise the following rights regarding your personal information, subject to certain exceptions and limitations:
- The right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you, the categories of sources from which we collected your personal information, our purposes for collecting or selling your personal information, the categories of your personal information that we have either sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties with which we have shared personal information;
- The right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you or maintain about you.
- The right to opt out of any sale(s) of your personal information, should FFDF ever sell such information in the future.
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
Exercising your California Resident Rights:
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us:
1812 W. Hubbard Street
Chicago, IL 60622
Any verifiable request must include sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information (or an authorized representative) and describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We cannot respond to your request or provide you with Personal Information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the Personal Information relates to you.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. However, we do consider requests made through your password protected account sufficiently verified when the request relates to Personal Information associated with that specific account.
FFDF retains Hosted Data in accordance with your instructions as defined in applicable terms in the Terms of Service or, where applicable, other services agreements, or as otherwise required by applicable law. FFDF may retain your Service Data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services, comply with FFDF's legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements, and thereafter, FFDF shall destroy or delete such Service Data within 18 months, unless otherwise required for business purposes. Notwithstanding the foregoing, FFDF may keep any data after the periods set forth in this section to the extent such data is anonymized or as necessary for business purposes. If you have any questions about the retention of your personal data, you can contact FFDF at privacy@FlowersforDreamsFoundation.com.